Premier Dental Fillings in Canton, OH
If you’re experiencing tooth decay or at least one cavity that needs to be filled, Said Dental provides premier dental fillings in Canton, OH. Dr. Said and the rest of our friendly staff aim to provide comprehensive care to every patient and ensure their dental fillings are done with precision and care.
Don’t let tooth decay or cavities go untreated –– Contact us today to schedule an appointment and enjoy premier solutions to your dental needs.
What is a Dental Filling?
Tooth decay can cause significant pain, discomfort, and potentially more severe dental issues. When the decay progresses, it affects the inner layers of the tooth (root canal), leading to infection and abscesses, which may require more extensive dental treatment.
By filling in the damaged area of the tooth, dental fillings can prevent bacteria from entering and causing further decay. Therefore, this restorative dental work prevents pain and discomfort by preserving the structure and function of the tooth.
Importance of Dental Fillings in Maintaining Good Oral Health
These are only some of the ways dental fillings help you maintain a healthy mouth, which is essential in both children and adults:
- Halting the progression of tooth decay: Dental fillings can prevent tooth decay from spreading further and causing more extensive damage or infection.
- Stabilizing damaged teeth: By filling cavities and repairing damaged teeth, dental fillings can help stabilize and prevent them from becoming loose or falling out.
- Relieving pain and discomfort: When a cavity or tooth decay causes pain or sensitivity, a dental filling can help alleviate those symptoms and restore comfort.
- Restoring a natural-looking smile: Dental fillings can be customized to match the color and shape of natural teeth, resulting in a natural-looking smile that helps maintain confidence and self-esteem.
Said Dental: Experience Personalized and Comprehensive Dental Care
At Said Dental, we understand that choosing a dental practice is an important decision that can significantly impact your oral health and overall wellness. That’s why our experienced dentist, Dr. Bassem Said, always takes the time to listen to your concerns and answer any questions you may have, providing transparent and clear communication throughout your treatment.
When it comes to our dental fillings, we guarantee that we are a mercury-free practice that offers tooth-colored restorations and other advanced dental treatments that can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
How Tooth-Colored Restorations Help Transform Your Smile
Whether you need to replace silver fillings, repair damaged teeth, or improve the appearance of your current smile, Dr. Said performs tooth-colored restorations with precision and care, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of tooth-colored restorations.
What Are Tooth-Colored Restorations?
Modern dentistry advancements allow dental professionals to use restorative materials that wear like natural teeth, and don’t require placement at the gum line, which can be healthier for your gums. Unlike traditional silver fillings, the filling material of a tooth-colored restoration is custom-tinted composite resin to match your natural teeth.
Tooth-colored restorations offer superior fit, strength, and durability compared to traditional silver fillings. These restorations also contain fluoride, providing extra protection against decay.
Replacing Silver Fillings with Tooth-Colored Restorations: Our Two-Step Process
If you currently have silver fillings and would like to replace them with tooth-colored restorations, also known as dental onlays, the process typically requires two appointments. At Said Dental, we can help you through these procedures and restore your smile with durable, natural-looking restorations.
First Appointment: At our dental office
- The old filling is removed along with any additional decay, and an impression of your teeth is made.
- A model of your teeth is then sent to the lab, where a resin material is carefully placed into the model and designed to look natural.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth until your next appointment.
- The temporary onlay is removed, and a conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new onlay.
- Bonding cement is then placed on the tooth, and a high-intensity light is used to bond the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is then polished to give it a natural-looking finish.
LET US HELP RESTORE YOUR SMILE. Schedule An Appointment Today.
From dental fillings to tooth-colored restorations, Said Dental offers a range of advanced dental treatments and technologies that can improve the appearance and function of your teeth. So, if you are in Canton, OH, and are ready to restore the function and structure of your teeth with premier dental fillings, schedule an appointment with Said Dental today!
How can I tell if I need a dental filling?
If you experience any of these symptoms, scheduling an appointment with your dentist is crucial to determine if a dental filling is necessary:
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Pain or discomfort when biting or chewing
- Visible holes or dark spots on your teeth
- A toothache that persists or worsens over time
Is the dental filling procedure painful?
Dental fillings are typically not painful, as the dentist will use local anesthesia or nitrous oxide to numb the area around the tooth being treated. You may feel pressure or discomfort during the procedure, but most patients do not experience significant pain.
Can dental fillings fall out or become loose?
While a dental filling is a time-tested treatment, it can sometimes become loose or fall out over time. This can be caused by tooth decay, tooth grinding, or damage to the filling itself. If your filling has become loose or fallen out, call your dentist to have it repaired or replaced immediately.
How can I care for my dental fillings to make them last longer?
- Brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste to remove plaque and bacteria.
- Floss at least once daily to remove food particles and plaque from between your teeth and around your fillings.
- Avoid biting down on hard objects like ice or popcorn kernels, as this can cause damage to your fillings.
- Use a mouthguard if you grind your teeth while you sleep to protect your fillings and prevent further damage.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and cleanings to ensure your fillings are in good condition and identify any potential issues before they become more serious.
Does dental insurance cover the cost of dental fillings?
Many dental insurance plans cover the cost of dental fillings, although the amount of coverage may vary depending on the specific plan. Call or visit your insurance provider’s or dentist’s website to determine whether your dental insurance covers the cost of fillings.